In English, they say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, saying that could be translated into today’s situation, keeping the rhyme, as “an apple a day the doctor would free you. ” It is not an exaggeration, and the key is in every health from apple is a complex health formula.
The apple tree is native to Europe and Asia. However, today it is widely cultivated on all continents, except in tropical countries, since the fruit does not develop without some cold.
The tree needs a temperate and humid climate, as well as temperatures that do not drop below 20ºC.
Apples produce more than 40 million tons in the world, which places them in fourth place in world fruit production, after grapes, oranges, and bananas. The composition of the apple is an extraordinary cocktail.
THE HEALTHIEST FIBER
Apple contains a high quantity of soluble fiber, which will not absorb in the intestine, it retains water and turns into a gel that absorbs waste in the intestine and makes it easier to eliminate all toxins with the stool.
UNIQUE ORGANIC ACIDS
They represent between 1% and 1.5% of the weight of the apple. These acids produce an alkalizing effect (antacid) in the blood and tissues when metabolized (acidity favors inflammation and the appearance of diseases such as cancer). Also, they renew the intestinal flora, prevent fermentation, and act as a natural toothpaste.
TANNINS AND FLAVONOIDS
The quince, one of the fruits with the highest content of tannin and second is an apple, which is astringent and anti-inflammatory.
As for flavonoids – present in many fruits and vegetables – they prevent the oxidation of “bad” LDL cholesterol, which prevents the arteries from depositing on the walls.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS
An apple can cover 30% of vitamin C in our daily needs.
The wealthiest fruit among the fruits is an apple that contains boron. This mineral intervenes in many functions of the body. One of them is to facilitate the assimilation of calcium and magnesium, so it helps prevent osteoporosis.
It also provides some vitamin E (0.32 mg / 100 g), potassium (140 mg), and phosphorus (10 mg), all in a small proportion.
Health From Apple And Its Benefits
What makes apple a right medicine food are the petrochemical substances it contains, such as pectin, organic acids, tannin, flavonoids, or boron, the mineral in which it is champion.
Health From Apple Gives OVERALL POSITIVE EFFECT
A detailed study by Drs. Boyer and Liu of Cornell University concluded that there is a relationship between apple consumption and a lower risk of heart and circulatory disease, lung cancer, asthma, and diabetes.
All these substances are due to the properties that have traditionally attribute to this prodigious but straightforward fruit. In essence, it stops diarrhea, fights constipation, cleanses, lowers cholesterol, and triglycerides in the blood and stimulates the nervous system.
LOWER CHOLESTEROL AND BLOOD SUGAR
To control cholesterol, it recommends taking three to four apples daily. So, Producing this effect, the properties of pectin (which absorb bile salts) and flavonoids (It reduces the myocardial infarction by maintaining the platelet aggregation) are combined.
It reduces the myocardial infarction by maintaining the platelet aggregation
For people with diabetes, the apple is ideal for two reasons: a good part of its sugar is in the form of fructose, which does not require insulin to enter the cells and, secondly, pectin helps to regulate the release of sugars, which that allows its passage to the blood to be slow and progressive.
Apples Cures, how is it done
Some conditions may improve with an apple-based cure, which can be done periodically with the changes in season.
Carry out this cure, 2 kilos of apples are taken daily as the only food for three days in a row. They can be raw, roasted, or boiled, but not sweetened, and only water is drunk.
- It helps to eliminate sodium ions that cause arteries to contract, increase blood volume, and retain water in tissues. In addition, it replaces sodium with potassium ion, which normalizes blood pressure and improves the functioning of the heart.
- Chronic eczema. By absorbing intestinal toxins, it favors the cleaning of blood and skin. Also, it helps against constipation and promotes cleansing of the liver, whose congestion causes many skin conditions.
- Uric acid. An apple cure helps to alkalinize the blood, making it easier to remove uric acid with your urine. Furthermore, the salts neutralize the acidic products resulting from protein metabolism. People prone to gout attacks, arthritis, or rheumatism can improve by periodically healing.
- Stomach flu. Pectin helps eliminate toxins produced by bacteria that cause gastroenteritis and colitis. Tannin dry and deflate the intestinal mucous. Organic acids are antiseptics and regenerate the bacterial flora. It is advisable to take the roasted apple to digest it more easily.
- Liver affections. Decongestants the liver thanks to its choleric and purifying effect. It will highly recommend in chronic hepatitis, fatty liver degeneration, or cirrhosis.
Health From Apple in the kitchen
The apple is part of numerous gastronomic traditions.
In Asia, America and Europe, we find it in Waldorf salad, French tarts statins, in strudel from Austria and Germany, puff pastries, sauces for roast and English crumbles, chutneys, salads, cakes, purees, apple fritters, baked apples or stuffed with meat from the recipe book Catalan.
PURCHASE AND CONSERVATION
There are about three thousand varieties of apples. Although they are on the market all year round, their best time to enjoy them is from November to spring.
If they are green, they can ripen until sweetened, although it is better to pick them ripe, not too late; otherwise, the heart turns brown.
In the fridge, in the fruit drawer, they hold quite well. However, it is advisable to place absorbent paper to reduce humidity.