The causes of annoying gases are multiple. Often they are due to what we eat. But they can also be caused by bad habits, like eating too fast. And sometimes be a symptom of other ailments such as ovarian cancer. Here you have home gas remedies, based on infusions and some tricks to avoid them and thus feel lighter inside and out.
Face the flatulence and stop feeling like a balloon with these home gas remedies
Due to the properties mentioned in the previous point, chamomile is also very effective in treating stomach and intestinal cramps. Regular consumption of this plant can help reduce problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), nausea, muscle spasms, gas, and gastroenteritis.
Some studies have found that chamomile extract has the potential to protect against diarrhea in mice. It attributes to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Another study in rats showed that chamomile helps prevent stomach ulcers, as it can reduce acidity in the stomach and inhibit the growth of bacteria that contribute to ulcer development.
Chamomile tea is another remedy to get rid of gases. It calms the inflammation of the stomach lining, facilitates digestion, and fights nausea. Combined with anise, it goes wonderfully to face this problem.
- It also relieves from all kinds of inflammations, gases, and ulcers by chamomile.
The boldo is a shrub used by Mapuches (indigenous) for different treating conditions, such as rheumatism, digestive disorders, and even liver. It is also called bolder, cimarrón, lemon or lemongrass since its leaves, when scrubbed, give off a characteristic aroma reminiscent of lemon and coriander.
The parts that will use in herbal medicine are its leaves, although some countries also use the bark. Its active principles easily extract in an alcoholic medium.
The most common way to take this plant is as an infusion. Besides, we can find it in other types of presentations such as dry extract in the form of capsules, in essential oil, in syrup or hydroalcoholic extract to drink dissolved in some liquid. At present, it is one of the medicinal plants most used in herbal recipes to treat the liver and gallbladder. In any of the cases, and to avoid risks, we recommend the specialist should prescribe the treatment.
It is recommended for people who suffer from colic and flatulence, since it works very well to treat constipation, in addition to promoting the expulsion of gases and protecting the stomach.
- Other properties of boldo. It has a diuretic effect, reduces the risk of gallstones, and cleanses the liver.
Laurel Is Best Among Gas Remedies
Laurel (Bay leaves) contain eugenic. This compound can act as an anti-inflammatory remedy, so if we suffer from any type of inflammation, it will be a very effective natural remedy.
Thus, thanks to the use of bay leaves, you can reduce inflammation throughout your body, especially in the joints.
As it has a vasoconstrictor action, it helps regulate blood circulation and relaxes nerve impulses. It is ideal if we suffer from migraines or headaches. It can even relieve neck or shoulder pain.
We can use it as an oil to massage the temples or the area that we need. Besides, it plays an essential role as a neuroprotector.
Laurel has many more uses than to flavor casseroles. Its stomach health benefits, as well as fighting gas and a bloated belly, have been known for an eternity. It combines very well with cinnamon, which also helps counteract gases.
- Other properties of the laurel. It is anti-inflammatory, works well for colds, fights fatigue, and helps regulate menstrual flow.
A study conducted at the National Research Center (Egypt) found that pennyroyal has antidote properties, meaning that it is ideal for treating colic and flatulence pain.
White pennyroyal, alone or accompanied by mint, constitutes one of the natural remedies of all life to restore digestive balance, as well as to eliminate intestinal gases. You can add green anise to it, and you will multiply its effects.
The five reasons to drink pennyroyal tea frequently is best among gas remedies:
- Other properties of pennyroyal. It is antispasmodic, which helps calm the stomach, and stimulates the liver to increase bile secretion.
- Helps solve digestive problems
- It is an expectorant, so it will help you when you have a throat infection
- It is characterized by being antimicrobial
- Improves the healing process
- It is a natural antioxidant
The caraway seeds have many nutrients beneficial to health. They are a source of fiber, which helps to avoid constipation, to have optimal intestinal health, and to protect the colon from toxins that can develop cancer cells.
Also known as meadow fennel or meadow cumin, it helps eliminate gas, reduce flatulence, calm stomach spasms, and regulate digestion. It can be taken alone or mixed with mint or anise, which are also very useful.
Other beneficial components of caraway seeds are their active antioxidant principles. And also, protect the body from the action of free radicals and degenerative diseases of the nervous system and skin.
Apart from infusions that combat annoying gases, there are other things you can do not to feel like a balloon.
GAS REMEDIES AND TRICKS TO AVOID BLOATING
- Drinking water. If it costs you, discover the tricks to drink more water (without realizing it).
- Avoid carbonated drinks and other foods that you would never say gas, such as pasta, apples, or coffee.
- Reduce the amount of salt in meals.
- Chew food thoroughly and eat slowly, in a relaxed and stress-free way.
- Practice physical exercise regularly since it favors intestinal transit and reduces fluid retention.
- Stand up to stress and anxiety because, surprisingly enough, they also cause gas.