The Passion Fruit Puree is a climbing shrub, native to Brazil, provides with tendrils, with alternate dark green leaves on the upper side and light green on the underside. The flowers are large,10 cm in diameter, fragrant and solitary, with the lacinia of the chalice in the shape of a speared iron.
Table of Contents.
The fruit is an edible berry that has an ovoid shape, orange colour and numerous seeds. It grows in the mountains and cultivates as an ornamental plant; the infusion of the flowers will use in folk medicine for its sedative effects.
Passion fruit is a fruit that has nutritional and medicinal properties that significantly improve health.
Passion Fruit Puree Provides The Body with Nutrients Such as:
- Vitamin A, and C.
It belongs to native to Brazil. Today, passion fruit is grown almost everywhere in the tropics and a variety of different names. The common name is Maracujá in Brazil, Parcha in Venezuela, Lilikoi in Hawaii and China or Parchita in Puerto Rico.
Types of Passion Fruit
Passion fruit belongs to the family of Passiflora. It grows in a vine of up to 5 to 7 meters, with a lifespan of only 7-10 years.
There are more than five hundred cultivated types; however, there are two main types, purple and yellow, that facilitate widely. We can find it in different taste and colour and different size.
The skin is leathery and purple or yellow in colour. The fruit contains a yellow, gelatinous pulp with a dispersion of edible black seeds.
Yellow passion fruits are generally larger than purple varieties. However, purple is less acidic, rich in flavour aroma and, has a higher proportion of juicy pulp.
The pulp of the fruit has a distinct aroma and has a slightly sweet taste. In tropical countries, passion fruit will use mainly to make a smoothie. Besides its pleasant taste and appearance, the fruit knows for its various health benefits.
Energy natural product is an organic product that has dietary and corrective properties that fundamentally improve wellbeing. And also, high in minerals, for example, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper.
It Also, contains a high measure of cell reinforcements that secure against disease, maturing, and irritation. It has a high estimate of fibre that is successful in improving absorption. Advantages of consuming passion fruit
Passion fruit is an oval fruit that contains many health benefits. Its shell is hard and contains black seeds, and consuming off it in juices and desserts.
Therefore, to encourage you to include it in your diet, here are some of the advantages that this food offers:
- It has properties that help reduce muscle and headaches. Also, it relaxes the body fighting stress and insomnia.
- Eliminate coughs and respiratory problems that can be caused by asthma.
- Provides the body with vitamins A and C and the B complex, as well as potassium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- It contains carbohydrates and sugars, which make it ideal for lifting your spirits and energy. It is also highly recommended for athletes.
- Its high fibre content makes it an excellent remedy for constipation, as it helps regulate digestion.
- It is ideal for including it in diets to lose weight and take care of the line.
- Helps to strengthen the immune system and prevent illnesses such as flu or colds.
- It has antispasmodic effects, so it is perfect for controlling menstrual pain or even stomach or bronchial spasms.
- Its seeds have oil that helps to contribute to skincare. Also, it works as an anti-inflammatory, protects, strengthens, hydrates and clarifies it.
- It acts as a very effective treatment for the hair, giving it shine, avoiding fat in it and promoting its growth.
Selection And Storage of Passion Fruit Puree
Passion fruit is available whole year in supermarkets. In other parts of the world, its availability is seasonal and varies.
We must buy fruits that are ripe, plump, and heavy for their size. Fruits with surface wrinkles are tastier and rich in sugar.
Avoid overripe fruits. Abrasions and stains are standard on the skin. These small abrasions on the surface of the fruit generally do not influence the quality of the fruit.
The passion fruit should ripen at room temperature. Refrigerate ripened fruit in a plastic bag for up to 1 week. Also, passion fruit freezes well. Just take the pulp into a bowl, and freeze.